2 Racks of Goat
1 cup mint leaves
¾ cup parsley sprigs
¼ cup pine nuts
3 large cloves garlic
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 grated parmesan cheese
2 ½ cups panko or coarse dried bread crumbs
- Prepare a medium-hot (400° – 450°F) fire in a grill for indirect grilling.
- To make the pesto, in a food processor, combine the mint, parsley, pine nuts, garlic, lemon zest and juice, ½ tsp. salt, and red pepper flakes. Pulse until a coarse purée forms. With the motor running, pour in the olive oil, processing until it is well incorporated. Let the pesto stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Brush the grill grate and coat it with oil. Spread the bread crumbs on a plate. Smear the pesto over the meaty part of each rack of goat, then dredge in the crumbs to cover the pesto coating. Pat extra bread crumbs onto any area that is not coated.
- Place the racks of goat on their sides on the grill rack away from the heat elements, cover the grill, and cook, turning once, until nicely browned, crusty and done to your liking. 12-15 minutes per side for medium rare (130). The temperature will rise another 5°-10° while it is resting.
- Transfer racks to a serving platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut the racks in half or into chops to serve.