* 2 1/2 cups plain flour
* 5 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon butter
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1 cup milk, fresh,powdered (or you can just use water)
1. The best way to make this is to mix together the dry ingredients then add the liquid and butter and mix well and then knead it for about 5 minutes.
2. Then wrap it in a double layer of greased foil and place it in the coals of the campfire, poking it in and retrieving it a bit later hoping it’s done.
3. I’ve also had it where you just throw the dough into the coals and pull off the blacked outside when it’s done and eat the inner part.
4. To cook it in the oven preheat to 350 degrees F.
5. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar and mix well. Rub or cut in the butter. Stir in the milk to form a dough.
6. Shape into a flattened ball and place on a greased baking sheet or in a round cake tin and bake for about 30 minutes.
7. Doing it this way though is not traditional and just won’t taste the same.
8. You eat it straight away while still hot in thick slices with butter, golden syrup, jam or vegemite.
9. This is great camping food and always brings back many happy camping memories.